1. Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“Personal Data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Care Planner Ltd t/a CarePlanner, a limited company registered in England under company number 08274960 whose registered address is 11th Floor Colston Tower, Colston St, Bristol BS1 4XE.|
2. Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Us.
- Our VAT number is 160733621.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Mark Anslow, and can be contacted by email at [email protected], or by post at Our registered address.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration ID ZA301465.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for the purposes of analytics and advertising conversion tracking. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies – A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
2. Analytics Cookies – It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
3. Functionality Cookies – Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
4. Targeting Cookies – It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
5. Third Party Cookies – Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
6. Persistent Cookies – Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
7. Session Cookies – Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
4. What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie
Purpose & Type
When the browsing session ends
Identifies whether your are a visitor or website administrator
When the browsing session ends
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie
Purpose & Type
Google advertising and tracking cookie
Google preferences cookie
Google website call conversions tracking cookie, which allows us to track phone calls made from a website visitor.
_ga, _gat, _gid, _uetsid
Domain restricted ad measurement and analytics cookies
SID, SIDCC, SSID, HSID
Google security cookies
Beamer app cookie to determine whether you have read ‘What’s New’ messages
These cookies are added by our video player provider, Wistia. Wistia allows us to see completely anonymised stats revealing how much of our product tour video potential customers watch, telling us whether it is too long, too short, or about right
Cookies added by Microsoft’s Bing search engine to ascertain the success of our Bing adverts
Google re-marketing cookies to show you CarePlanner ads when on other sites
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Inc. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The cookies used by Our analytics service(s) are listed in the table in 4.2.
- Our site also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
If you wish to opt out of the tracking applied by Google’s cookies, you can manage your ad settings in your Google account here https://www.google.com/settings/.
5. Consent and Control
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
1. Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
3. Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
4. Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
5. Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
6. Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
7. Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
7. Further Information
Last updated: 21/03/2019