COVID-19 currently influences everything we do. We know that carers and care managers are stretched thin trying to track, contain and delay the spread of the virus. By quickly customizing some of your system’s functions you can use CarePlanner to track COVID-19 cases and flag them.
We have come up with a brief guide to help you utilise CarePlanner for this unique situation. We have outlined four common needs our clients have mentioned to our Support and Account teams and the CarePlanner functions you can use to address them.
Below we explain how you can use CarePlanner to:
Communicate Client Health Conditions to Carers
1. Go to a specific Clients page.
2. Go to ‘Dashboard’ => ’Conditions’ tab.
3. Add relevant medical notes to each client.
Manage and Communicate your Clients’ and Carers’ Infection status
1. Go to ‘Admin’ => ’Appointments’ => ’Care Required’
2. Create new care types such as: Symptomatic, Asymptomatic, Member of the Household. Symptomatic.
Identify all Messages from Carers Related to COVID-19
1. Go to ‘Admin’ => ’General’ => ’Mobile App’
2. In ‘Notes’ turn on the ‘Create diary entry for each appointment note’ function. This will turn any notes your carers enter through the app into diary entries on the system.
3. Go to ‘Admin’ => ’General’ => ’Diary’
Identify Which Clients are High Risk and are Most in Need of Care
1. Go to a specific clients page
2. Go to ‘Dashboard’ => ’Settings’ => ’Emergency rating’
4. Emergency rating can be added to the Client Personal Details report.